Formilla Live Chat with Infusionsoft CRM integration gives website owners the ability to add live chat to their website and incorporate new leads/contacts within Infusionsoft in a streamlined fashion — no need to manually add leads collected from live chat to your CRM!
Use any of the Formilla plugins to install live chat to your website in just minutes:
Click on the video below to view the video tutorial. Otherwise, continue scrolling down for the written steps.
How to integrate Formilla Live Chat with your Infusionsoft CRM:
- Login to your Formilla account and mouse-over “Settings” from the menu on the left side of the screen and then click on “My Apps” from the sub-menu.
- You will see a few apps. Click on the “Add App” button below the Infusionsoft logo and text.
- If you’re not currently logged in to Infusionsoft, you’ll first be asked to login and authenticate. A screen will then pop up asking for permission to integrate Infusionsoft and Formilla. Click “allow.”
- You should now see the Infusionsoft app change from “Add App” to “Remove App.” That is an indicator that you have successfully added the app.
How It Works
- Send a test chat to yourself and view it from the Formilla dashboard. Use this video as a refresher on how to start a test chat.
- The information you request visitors to enter before they begin a chat — which you can configure inside your Formilla account — helps to create a contact for the visitor in Infusionsoft. At a minimum, an email address is required in order for Formilla to create the contact in your Infusionsoft CRM and produce a CRM link on the dashboard that points to the new contact in Infusionsoft.
- An alternative way to collect the customer information is to manually enter it during a chat. Under “Contact Info” you can click on “Quick Edit”, and enter in the visitor’s information such as Email, First Name, Last Name, and Phone, and click “Save.”
- For the test example below, I required “First Name” be entered as a pre-chat form field before the chat can be started, hence why you only see my first name in the center pop-up. You will also notice there isn’t a CRM (Infusionsoft) link and that is because the email address hasn’t been entered in yet.
- If you click on the visitor’s CRM link from the Formilla dashboard, a new browser tab opens the contact record inside of Infusionsoft where you can see the visitor’s information entered in the appropriate boxes. You will also be able to add any other information you think would be helpful. Additionally, all chat transcripts will be saved at the bottom of the contact record in the “Notes” area. Keep in mind that it could take up to one minute after the chat ends for the chat transcript to appear.
And there you have it! Anytime a visitor chats with you, Formilla can automatically create a contact record inside of your Infusionsoft CRM — no need to manually create the contact yourself or manage contacts in two places!
As always, please contact us if you have any questions as we’re always willing to help!